Cliffs of Moher in Ireland

Cliffs of Moher in Ireland
In walking these cliffs I was reminded the meaning of beauty and letting go.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's amazing to me how easy I am willing to stress about the nonsense that the world brings that I often forget about the joy of the moment. Recently the stress and anxiety that I have encountered has come from a situation that I have never faced before. The stress and anxiety I get is from the stupidest smallest scenarios that have absolutely nothing to with that situation. There has been a lot of ups and downs. I find that my threshold is lower than normal.

It took my mother and a good friend close to me to point it out that it's ok to be a mess. That I have been through a lot and I need to take a hiatus more often than normal and take care of myself. So, I have spent my Saturday afternoon at ease. Restaurants have been my favored location for a while and that is only fun for so long. I have always hated grocery shopping and cooking. I turned my music on, poured a glass of wine and spent two hours in the kitchen and loved every minute of it. It is the first moment in a long time that I enjoyed without a million thoughts flocking my mind every minute. And, dinner was quite delicious!

I have always considered myself a passionate and ambitious person. At times more often than normal, I find it exhausting. Today was refreshing. I could get used to this. I might even start cooking more. Well, we'll see about that.

I am taking from this what I can. I can enjoy the moment and still pursue and think about the future, and run with my imagination. I can try to stop comparing myself to others and beating myself up over where I think I should be. And, know that I have accomplished a lot. I look forward to many moments that captivate my attention keeping me refreshed and strong enough to handle the nonsense that the world brings.

Thank you for reading,
Signe





No comments:

Post a Comment